Thirdly: That the adherents of the call of truth concern themselves with the books of the Salafiyyah, by reading, memorising, understanding, authenticating, and publishing and defending them in opposition to the calls of falshood since they are haters of those books. Rather, they fight against them, against their publication and they strive to get their followers to stick to the books of the founders of their groups.
To proceed, someone will say: 'Who are the Salaf and what are the written works of the Salafiyyah? The answer is: The Salaf are the companions, their successors and their successors. They are our predecessors and anyone who travels upon their way and methodology is a Salafi.
As for the works of the Salafiyyah, then they are many. I shall mention some of them:
* Musnad of Imaam Ahmed,
* Saheeh Bukhaaree,
* Saheeh Muslim,
* the four Sunans (Abu Daawood, Trimidhee, Nasaa'ee and Ibn Maajah),
* the tafseer of Ibn Jareer at-Tabaree,
* the tafseer of al-Baghawee,
* the tafseer of Ibn Katheer,
* the Refutation of Imaam Daarimee against Bishr al-Mareesee,
* the Refutation of Imaam Ahmed against the Jahmiyyah,
* Creation of the Actions of the Servants by Imaam Bukhaaree,
* ash-Sharee'ah by al-Aajuree,
* al-Eemaan by Ibn Mandah, at-Tawheed by Ibn Mandah,
* at-Tawheed by Ibn Khuzaimah,
* as-Sunnah by Ahmad bin Hanbal,
* as-Sunnah by al-Khilaal,
* as-Sunnah by Abdullaah ibn Ahmed bin Hanbal,
* al-Ibaanah by Ibn Battah,
* as-Sunnah by al-Barbahaaree,
* Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahl is-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah by al-Laalikaa'ee,
* the books of Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah - may Allaah have mercy upon him - all of them, without exception and likewise the books of his student, Ibn al-Qayyim - may Allaah have mercy upon him
* the books of the scholars of the Salafi da'wah in the Najd such as Kitaab ut-Tawheed of Imaam Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhaab and its explanations such as Tayseer al-Azeez al-Hameed and Fath ul-Majeed and Qurratu Uyoon il-Muwahhideen and Durar as-Sunniyyah and others besides them which are many and which have been written upon the way and methodology of those noble ones amongst the earliest ones who have passed by and those who came after them.
When you have learnt this then know that I will now talk about two groups amongst those groups like I indicated to you previously, making one of them as a branch and the other a foundation (for the discussion of the other) or putting it in another way, making one of them the foundation so that the reader might understand, in light of it, the other group. For you now is the explanation thereof and upon Allaah is reliance (placed):
The First Group: Jamaa'at ut-Tableegh
This group has a way and a methodology upon which it travels and fundamentals (principles) to which it returns and which it has named the six fundamentals and they are as follows:
1. Actualisation of the Kalimah: There is none deserving of worship except Allaah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah. 2. Salaat (prayer) performed with khushoo' and khudoo' (awe, humility and submission). 3. Knowledge along with Dhikr (Remembrance). 4. Honouring the Muslims. 5. Correction of the intention and its purification. 6. Going out in the path of Allaah.
Beware - my noble brother - of these six fundamentals, look into them and reflect over the meaning of each fundamental. Then come with me so that I take some of these fundamentals and explain what they mean by them. Then we shall see after that: are they on the path of the Salaf in their understanding of these fundamentals, their implementation of them and in calling to them or not?!
Before the discussion, it is necessary that you understand, my brother, that these six fundamentals have a secret word (or agenda). When you have understood it you will be able, by the permission of Allaah, to understand all the words and actions of this group.
If you are now ready to understand these fundamentals and likewise this hidden agenda then come with me - may Allaah direct me and you to every good and turn away from me and you every evil.
The hidden agenda O my brother is:
Everything which causes or brings about separation or aversion/dislike or difference between two people (or parties) then it is cut off and abolished from the methodology of the group.
Have you understood the hidden agenda? I want you to look again repeatedly with a good understanding. Look once again.
Now, come with me so that we take one of the fundamentals of this group (and look into it) which is: The actualisation of the kalimah: There is none worthy of worship except Allaah. Do you know what the meaning of the actualisation of the kalimah: There is none worthy of worship except Allaah.