Refutation of Shaikh Ibn Jibreen by the People of Knowledge on the Issue of Qutb and Bannaa|
|Article ID : NDV020002 |
All praise is due to Allaah and prayers and peace be upon Allaah's Messenger. To proceed. In light of the continued, persistent, unrelenting, incessant use by the Ahl ul-Ahwaa amongst the Qutubiyyoon, Harakiyyoon, amongst the disciples and devotees of Sayyid Qutb, of the statements of some of the scholars, such as Shaikh Ibn Jibreen, in order to discredit the great efforts of Shaikh Rabee' bin Haadee in refuting the chiefs of Innovation of the last century (and which have been met with nothing but praise and reccommendation by the great scholars, such as Imaam Ibn Baaz, Imaam al-Albaani, Imaam Ibn Uthaymeen, Imaam Muqbil, Shaikh Salih al-Fawzaan and others), then it is necessary to make Ahl us-Sunnah aware of the following, as a means of giving rest and satisfaction to them, and as a means of further bewildering the Ashaabul Ahwaa - may Allaah restrain their evil and deceit.
1. The Shaikh, Ibn Jibreen got involved with the Qutubiyyah such as Salmaan al-Awdah in the Mis'ari affair (the setting up of CDLR). This changed his perceptions towards some of the Innovators such as Sayyid Qutb and Hassan al-Banna, making him think that they were scholars like the scholars of the past, like Ibn Hajr and an-Nawawi and their likes, who were from Ahl us-Sunnah but erred in certain areas. This whole farce (of al-Mis'ari, Doc. Fitnah) was lambasted by Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen who called it a route to evil and mischief and the likes. However, what is important is that the Shaikh's involvement with these people influenced his outlook.
2. This led the Shaikh to find fault with Shaikh Rabee' and his refutations of Sayyid Qutb and the Qutubiyyah - and led him to utter baseless statements against the Shaikh. Rather, the Shaikh opposed what the rest of the scholars, had unanimously agreed upon, which was the praise and commendation for Shaikh Rabee' in his refutations and expositions of Sayyid Qutb, and also of the Qutubiyyah like Safar and Salman and others who raised the flag of extremist Irjaa' towards the Mockers of the Messengers, Revilers of the Caliphs, Mukaffirs of the Companions and Utterers of statements of] Kufr and Apostasy. It also led the Shaikh to write letters to other scholars, such as the noble Shaikh, Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee, asking them not to write books in refutation of Hassan al-Banna and the defunct, bankrupt, brotherhood.
3. The extremist Murji'ah of the Era, to whom no sins, until even statements of kufr or apostasy, and the worst of innovations in aqeedah, do not harm a person's Imaan, so long as there is talk of Haakimiyyah, and from whom not even a word of rejection to these calamities is ever heard, then rejoiced with what occurred from Shaikh Ibn Jibreen, using that to vilify Ahl us-Sunnah, the Salafis, the Atharis, who were upon the manhaj of the major scholars, the Imaams of the era, and who gave sincerity to the Book of Allaah, the Messenger and to the common folk by defending the honour of the Messengers, the honour of the Caliphs and Companions and who spoke for the sanctity of the Islamic aqeedah, by way of clarifying the manhaj and aqeedah of the Salaf by exposing the penetration of mainstream Ikhwaani thought (both the Qutubi and Bannaawi strains) into the ranks of the Salafis - and by purging these elements, and separating them out.
4. Then, walhamdulillaah, as was inevitable, some from the people of knowledge stood to refute what had come from Shaikh Ibn Jibreen of baseless accusations, and amongst them Shaikh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee himself, and also Shaikh Zaid bin Muhammad Haadee al-Madkhalee, both of whom refuted Ibn Jibreen's statements in defence of Hassan al-Banna and Sayyid Qutb respectively.
5. As for the refutation of Shaikh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee, then it is the longer of the two, and is the most powerful, and uses some harsh language (bearing in mind that the Shaikh is senior to Ibn Jibreen) in outlining the great injustice of Ibn Jibreen in his accusations. The book is called "Radd ul-Jawaab 'alaa Man Talaba Minnee 'Adam Tab' al-Kitaab" (The Return of the Reply To The One Who Requested Me Not To Print the Book). This is 40 pages long, in A4. Shaikh Ibn Jibreen had requested from the Shaikh that he does not print his most excellent work entitled "Al-Mawrid al-Adhb az-Zulaal Feemantuqida Alaa Ba'd al-Manaahij ad-Da'awiyyah Min al-'Aqaa'id wal-A'maal" (The Cold Sweet [Flowing] Spring Water [That Quenches (the Thirst)] Concerning What Can Be Criticised Of Beliefs and Actions Of Some of the Methodologies of Da'wah). This book is a detailed, reference-filled, authoratitive refutation of the overall methodologies of Jamaa'at ut-Tabligh, and Ikhwaan ul-Muflisoon, with details of their history, founders, developments, deviations and many other issues. It also contains an excellent and detailed refutation of Hassan al-Bannaa and Muhammad Ilyaas, and their great deviations and heresies, and who were far astray from the aqeedah of the Salaf. The book is 340 pages in total. So Ibn Jibreen requested the Shaikh not to print this book, as he claimed that Shaikh Ahmad had wronged Hassan al-Bannaa. So the Shaikh replied with a powerful reply, that needs nothing in addition to it, illustrating the baseless accusations of Ibn Jibreen, and establishing the heresies of Hassan al-Bannaa and his speaking with "wahdat ul-wujood", and who uttered the Shirk Akbar in the form of poetical compositions, and his praise of the propounders of "wahdat ul-wujood", and his statement that their is no religious dispute between the Muslims and the Jews, and his taking part in the gatherings at the tombs of Zainab and others, and his witnessing the Major Shirk with his own eyes and not rejecting it, and his travelling 20 miles to the graves of ad-Dasooqee and as-Sinjar and then returning a whole 20 miles, and his efforts to unite between the Sunnis and the Raafidah Shi'ah, and his enacting the bay'ah and calling people to make bay'ah, and to request obedience (that is only given to the wali ul-amr of the Muslims), and his tafweedh of the Attributes of Allaah, the most wicked of all of the sayings of the negators of the Attributes and much more. The Shaikh finishes by asking Ibn Jibreen 25 questions which he ought to answer, about the so called good effects of Hassan al-Bannaa.
In short, this is a dynamite book and it leaves no room for any drowing Qutubi, who is holding onto the few remaining planks, and relying upon the likes of these erroneous accusations that have come from the direction of the some of the Scholars. It is available from the Salafi Bookstore, for anyone who maybe interested in reading it.
6. As for the second, the reply by Shaikh Zaid al-Madkhalee, it is around 6 pages in length, and follows the same type of reply given by Shaikh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee. Shaikh Zaid makes mention at the very beginning that he was saddened to see a Shaikh like Ibn Jibreen being associated with the CDLR of al-Mis'ary, being taken unawares, and then he was made to think that the likes of Qutb was just like the great scholars of the past, who had great knowledge, but who erred in some areas. And that this false perception led the Shaikh to transgress against his brothers, the Shaikhs in Madinah, such as Shaikh Rabee', Shaikh Salih as-Suhaymee, Shaikh Muhammad Naasir bin al-Faqeehee and others. Then the Shaikh goes on to remind Ibn Jibreen of some of the calamities of Sayyid Qutb. Likewise he addresses the issue of Hassan al-Bannaa, and some of his calamities. The Shaikh then refutes some of the claims made by Ibn Jibreen in his statements in defence of Bannaa and Qutb, and Abdur-Rahmaan Abdul-Khaaliq. The Shaikh finally mentions the four pages of Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid and that Shaikh Rabee' has replied and refuted them with what is sufficient.
7. As for the four pages of Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid, then he himself cursed the one who spread them, as he claims that he wrote them and that they were stolen from his office, and spread and printed without his knowledge. Refer to NDV010012.
So in conclusion, we say that just like the drowning Qutubi, Hizbi, had another plank removed from around him, in his sea of confusion, when it became clear that Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid cursed the one who spread his four page reply to Shaikh Rabee' (which in fact contained nothing of substance) and which was demolished by Shaikh Rabee himself (refer to NDV010012), then once again, the drowning Qutubi, Hizbi has had another plank removed from around him, by the fact that the people of knowledge have refuted the baseless allegations of Shaikh Ibn Jibreen, let alone the fact that the most senior of the scholars are in agreement upon the refutation of Sayyid Qutb, Hassan al-Banna, Abdur-Rahmaan Abdul-Khaaliq, rather these senior scholars themselves refuted these individuals (leaving aside Shaikh Rabee') such as Imaam al-Albaani, Imaam Ibn Baaz, Shaykh Salih al-Fawzaan and others.And the intent behind this was to make some realities be known, those which are being hidden by the Hizbiyyoon, who use the mistakes of some of the Scholars in order to fight other Scholars and to discredit their great efforts for the Salafi aqeedah and manhaj.
And prayers and peace upon Allaah's Messenger, his family and his companions.