19.1 IT'S APPEARANCE
19.1.1 AL JA'D BIN DIRHAM.
- at-Ta'teel became widespread after the passing of the first three generations of Muslims, although it's origin emerged at the end of the era of the second generation of Muslims.
- The first to speak with this was al Ja'd bin Dirham who said: "Indeed Allaah did not take Ibraaheem as a friend nor did he directly speak to Moosaa."
- Because of this evil saying, Khaalid bin 'Abdullaah al-Qasree the governor of 'Iraaq, executed him on 'Eed- ul Adhaa 119H.
19.1.2 AL JAHM BIN SAFWAAN
- He took the saying of al Ja'd and spread it.
- From him is the name of the Jahmeeyah sect derived.
- He was executed by Saalim bin Ahwaa in Marw in 128H.
19.1.3 THE GREEK AND ROMAN BOOKS
- Their books on philosophy were translated into Arabic within the second century. Hence their ideas spread.
19.1.4 BISHR BIN GHIYAATH AL MAREESEE
- During the third century these ideas became widespread as a result of this man and his like.
- The Imaams are agreed that these people are to be censured and some of them have ruled these to be Kaafirs. See ad- Daarimee's book refuting the kufr of Mareesee's ideas.
- Many later people took the ideas of Mareesee, eg. as ar- Raazee, al Ghazaalee & Ibn 'Aqeel.
19.2 IT'S ORIGIN
- at-Ta'teel came from the Jews, Mushriks, Saybeans and Philosophers.
- al Ja'd took his ideas from Abaan bin Sam'aan who took if from Taaloot, who took it from Labeed bin al A'sim, the Jew who casted magic on the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) .
- al Ja'd live in Harraan where there were many Saybeans and philosophers - and this environment certainly affected him.
19.3 THE BELIEFS OF THESE DENIERS.
- They believed that Allaah had no attributes that could be affirmed for Him; as they falsely claimed that affirming Attributes of Perfection for Him, leads to at-Tashbeeh.
- They only affirmed attributes relating to denial (the Salabeeyah), or those that are relative (the Idaafeeyah) or those that were both.
19.3.1 THE SALABEEYAH ATTRIBUTES
- i.e. they deny things that are not befitting for Allaah.
- e.g. They say that Allaah is One (Waahid) - meaning that any share of Him in terms of quantity, speech or partners, is to be denied. [Hence they've affirmed nothing and instead have just denied things].
19.3.2 THE IDAAFEEYAH ATTRIBUTES
- i.e. describing attributes in a relative sense.
- eg. They say they He is "The Originator (Mubaddi) and the Cause ('Illah)" meaning all things originate from Him, and not that He has affirmed Attributes of Beginning and Causing. [Again they affirm nothing and instead only deny things].
19.3.3 THE ATTRIBUTES THAT ARE SALABEEYAH AND
- e.g. When they say that Allaah is "The First"
- Hence it's from the Salabeeyah in that any limits are denied from Him.
- And it's from the Idaafeeyah in that all other things come after Him.