13.1 AHL- US- SUNNAH ARE AGREED ABOUT HIS
- Hadeeth in Bukhaaree and Muslim [Eng. Vol. 1/H1656-1661 gives some very similar narrations] from Aboo Hurairah and about 27 other companions (ra): "Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven in the last third of the night..."
- His Nuzool is one of His Attributes that pertain to His Actions. It is real in a manner befitting His Majesty.
13.2 IT DOES NOT MEAN HIS COMMAND
- Nor does it mean His Mercy or one of His angels descends - for several reasons:
13.2.1 IT DIFFERS FROM THE APPARENT MEANING OF THE
- For what is most apparent is that the Nuzool is ascribed to Allaah.
13.2.2 IT WOULD MAKE IT NECESSARY TO SAY THAT THERE
IS AN OMISSION IN THE HADEETH.
- While the principle is that nothing is omitted.
13.2.3 HIS COMMAND AND MERCY DESCEND ALL THE
- and they don't only descend during the last third of the night.
If it is said:
"It is the descent of a special command or special mercy that descends only during that part of the night."
Then the reply is: "The hadeeth says that the limit of the descent is to the lowest heaven. So what is the point of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) informing us of a mercy that reaches the lowest heaven and not to us on the earth?"
13.2.4 THE ONE DESCENDING CAN ONLY BE
For the one descending says, in the hadeeth: "... who is seeking pardon so that I should pardon him..." - And only Allaah can say all this.
13.3 COMBINING THE FACT THAT ALLAAH IS HIMSELF
ABOVE [AL 'ULOOW] AND THAT HE DESCENDS [AN- NUZOOL] TO THE LOWEST
- These two facts are not contradictory because:
13.3.1 THE TEXTS THEMSELVES HAVE MENTIONED
- And the texts would never produce contradiction or absurdity.
13.3.2 NOTHING IS LIKE ALLAAH IN ALL HIS
- His Nuzool is not like the descent of the creation.
- So His Nuzool need not be contradictory in anyway, to His 'Uloow.