11.1 ALLAAH HAS AFFIRMED THIS FOR
- Qur'aan: (57):4; (8):19; (20):46.
- Hadeeth: "Do not grieve - Allaah is with us" [Bukhaaree and Muslim (Eng. Vol. 4 H7150)]
- And there is ijmaa of the Salaf concerning this.
11.2 THE MEANING OF MA'EEYAH
11.2.1 IN THE LANGUAGE
- indicates an unrestricted association and companionship.
But what its meanings imply will differ according to the
word appended or connected to it, or according
to the context or situation.
For instance, it can mean:
18.104.22.168 To mean to actually mix or mingle.
e.g. I mixed the water with the milk.
22.214.171.124 To imply help and support.
e.g. The one who is helping may say: I am with you
126.96.36.199 To imply a threat and warning
e.g. The punisher may say to the criminal: Go - but I am with you.
Hence it's meaning are in agreement and so it's a Mutawaatee word; although its implications and rulings differ according to whatever it is appended to.
11.2.2 AL MA'EEYAH WHICH IS ASCRIBED TO
188.8.131.52 - It's used in it's real sense and not
figuratively, except the Ma'eeyah of Allaah with His creation is not like the
Ma'eeyah of the creation with the creation.
- His Ma'eeyah is a higher more perfect form.
- And that which is deduced from the Ma'eeyah of the creation with the creation can not be applied to the Ma'eeyah of Allaah with His creation.
184.108.40.206 - On the other hand, some of the Salaf
explained it to mean His Knowledge of His creation.
- This refutes the Huloolee Jahmee- s who say that Allaah Himself is in every place.
- Hence these Salaf explained that this Ma'eeyah affirmed for Allaah, does not mean that He Himself is with us.
- As that would be absurd, contradicting the mind & Sharee'ah; it would contradict His 'Uloow which is obligatory for Him; and it implies that the creation surrounds Him.
11.3 THE MA'EEYAH OF ALLAAH IS OF TWO
11.3.1 THE GENERAL SENSE
He encompasses all His creation - in terms of His knowledge, Omnipotence etc. and other aspects of Him being the only Lord and Sustainer (Ruboobeeyah).
This category, obligates its believer to have complete fear and awareness of Allaah.
- Examples (57):4; (58):7.
11.3.2 THE SPECIFIC SENSE.
He assists and supports all who are entitled to be supported, from the Messengers and their followers.
This category obligates its believer to have complete courage and persistence.
- Examples (16):128; (9):40.
11.4 IS AL MA'EEYAH AN ATTRIBUTE THAT RELATES TO
ALLAAH'S SELF OR TO HIS ACTIONS?
11.4.1 WHEN USED IN THE GENERAL SENSE
It's an Attribute that relates to His Self, as it has always existed and will always exist.
11.4.2 WHEN USED IN THE SPECIFIC SENSE
It's an Attribute relating to His Actions, as it occurs when the causes for it exist, and ceases when it's causes are absent.
[e.g. it occurs when the believers need the help and not when no help is needed.
e.g. it occurs for the believers and not the disbelievers].