The message of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) comprised of [see (61):9]
- Beneficial Knowledge = Guidance [al-Hudaa]
- Righteous Actions = Religion of Truth [Deen-ul-Haqq]
2.1 BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE [AL
- That which results in good for the Ummah in this world and next.
- The most beneficial is that of Allaah, His Names, Attributes, Actions.
a). It is the essence of Tawheed-ul-Ulooheeyah.
b). It is the essence of the Prophetic call.
c). By it, is the Religion supported.
- It's impossible that the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) left it unclearly explained because:
2.1.1 THE MESSAGE OF THE PROPHET (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) CONTAINED
LIGHT AND GUIDANCE.
- And Allaah dispatched him as a bringer of glad tidings, a warner and a bright lamp.
- And greatest most lasting light is that which enlightens the heart as a result of recognising Allaah, His Names and Attributes.
- Hence he must have explained it clearly.
2.1.2 THE PROPHET (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) TAUGHT THE UMMAH ALL IT
NEEDED TO KNOW.
- He even gave some knowledge of the birds [cf. narration of Aboo Dharr].
- Then surely he taught the knowledge of Allaah, His Names and Attributes.
2.1.3 EEMAAN IN THIS KNOWLEDGE IS:
- The basis of the Religion.
- The essence of what the Messenger called to.
- The most obligatory of knowledge.
- The most excellent of things that the minds should grasp.
- So how could he not teach it when he taught lesser matters?
2.1.4 THE PROPHET (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) WAS:
- The most knowledgeable about his Lord.
- The most sincere to the creation.
- The most eloquent in speech.
- Hence he could not have left this matter of Eemaan in Allaah, His Names and Attributes unclear and doubtful, while this knowledge needed clarification.
2.1.5 AND THE COMPANIONS MUST HAVE CLEARLY CONVEYED
Or else they were silent or spoke falsely - both are impossible.
18.104.22.168 It's Impossible That They Were
- If so , it meant that they were ignorant of what is
obligatory to know with respect to Allaah, His Names and Attributes, or else
they concealed this knowledge purposely.
- 22.214.171.124.1 It's Impossible That They Were Ignorant
- - for all hearts with life, consciousness, a desire for knowledge and to
worship, would have its most important issue as studying Eemaan in Allaah,
His Names and Attributes, and to realise this in terms of knowledge and
- - And the Companions - the best of people - had most life in their
hearts, and greatest love for goodness, and the most desire to realise
- - He (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The best of the people is my generation, then
those who followed them, then those who followed them."
- - And this goodness encompasses their excellence in everything done to
bring one closer to Allaah, via words, actions and beliefs.
- - And if they were ignorant, then those after them would be more so, as
the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) used them to convey the religion.
- - Hence the saying they were ignorant implies that no one now has this
knowledge, and this is clearly impossible.
- 126.96.36.199.2 It's Impossible That They Concealed the
- - for every rational person knows the Companions to
have been eager to convey beneficial knowledge to the Ummah.
- - Hence it's impossible - especially concerning the most obligatory of things to know.
188.8.131.52 It's Impossible That They Spoke Falsely - i.e. with No Authentic Evidence
- They were the least likely to speak without knowledge of an authentic proof.
- They were the first to obey Allaah's commands: (17):36 and (7):33.
- And the source of false speech is either ignorance or a desire to misguide - both are impossible.
- 184.108.40.206.1 As for Ignorance
- - then that is impossible - see 220.127.116.11.1
- 18.104.22.168.2 As for Misguiding the Creation
- - then this is an evil desire which could not come from the Companions for the Ummah.
- And if true it
implies all what they said about the Religion is false and so the whole
Sharee'ah is in doubt - And this saying is futile.
22.214.171.124 Hence Once It's Clear That They did Speak the Truth Concerning This
- They did so either via their Minds or via the Revelation
- 126.96.36.199.1 As for the Mind
- - then it can't reach the details of what is
obligatory to know of Allaah, His Names and Attributes.
- 188.8.131.52.2 And that leaves the only source of their knowledge as the
Revelation Brought by Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)
2.2 RIGHTEOUS ACTIONS [AL
- Those done:
- Solely for Allaah's sake [al-Ikhlaas]
- In accordance with the
Sunnah of His Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) [al-Mutaaba'ah]