It is to follow what Allaah and His Messenger have said, and then the Rightly Guided Khaleefah-s and the Companions, and then those who followed them in goodness.
1.1 FOLLOWING ALLAAH AND HIS MESSENGER
(sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)
1.2 FOLLOWING THE MESSENGER (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) AND THE RIGHTLY
- Hadeeth "It is obligatory that you stick to my Sunnah and that of the Rightly Guided Khaleefah-s after me. Stick to that and bite onto that with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters, for every such matter is an innovation and every innovation leads astray."
1.3 FOLLOWING THE COMPANIONS.
- They followed the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) in Beneficial Knowledge and Righteous Actions. They have the greatest right to be followed after the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) as Allaah chose them to accompany the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) knowing them to be:
- the most complete in Faith.
- the most superior in intellect.
- the most upright in actions.
- the most firm in resolve.
- the most guided on the correct path they were upon.
1.4 FOLLOWING THOSE WHO FOLLOWED THEM IN
- and the Imaams of the Religion who followed this way who were known for being upon guidance and correctness.
1.5 TO BELIEVE THAT ALLAAH SENT HIS MESSENGER
WITH CLEAR PROOFS.
- and the guidance to obligate all to have faith in him and to follow him.