From Sharh Usul I'tiqaad Ahlus
Sunnah of al-Laalikaaee (d.414, pp396+ - Tahqeeq Ahmad Hamdaan)
660) Abdullaah bin Abbaas (RA) said, Verily Allaah was above His Throne before He created anything, then He created the creation and decreed what was to exist until the Day of Judgement.
662) Bashr bin Umar said, I heard more then one of the Mufassir say about the verse, The Most Merciful istawaa upon the Throne - istiwaa means rose above.
665) Rabee' (one of the teachers of Maalik) was asked about the verse, The Most Merciful rose over His Throne - how did He rise? He replied, al-istiwaa (rising) is known, and the how is not comprehensible, and from Allaah is the message, and upon the Messenger is the preaching, and upon us is believing.
670) Maqaatil bin Huyaan said about His saying, and there is no secret discourse of 3 people except He is the fourth, or of 5 people and He is the sixth - He is above His Throne, and nothing is hidden from His knowledge.
673) Imaam Ahmad was asked, Allaah is above the seventh heaven, above His Throne, distinct from his creation, and His Power and Knowledge are in every place? And he replied, yes, above the Throne and His Knowledge is in every place.
675) Imaam Ahmad was asked about the verse, and He is with you wheresoever you are , and the verse, there is no secret discourse of 3 people except that he is the fourth.. - and he said, (meaning) His Knowledge, He is the Knower of the seen and the unseen, His Knowledge encompasses everything, and our Lord is above the Throne without setting limits and giving description , and His Kursi is as the expanse of the heavens and the earth with His Knowledge.
Imaam Abdullaah bin Ahmad quotes Abdullaah ibn Mubaarak as saying, ....I bear witness that You are above Your Throne above the seven heavens. And this is not as the enemies of Allaah say, the heretics. [as-Sunnah of Imaam Abdullaah ibn Ahmad with tahqeeq of al-Qahtaanee]
He also quoted him as saying, we know that our Lord is above the seven heavens over the Throne, and we do not say as the Jahmiyyah say that he is here, pointing with his hand to the earth.
Imaam Maalik said, Allaah is Above the heaven,
and His knowledge is in every place, nothing is hidden from Him. [Al-Albaanee said in his notes to Mukhtasar (no. 130), reported by Abdullaah in as-Sunnah (pg. 5), and likewise Abu Dawood in Masaail (pg. 263)
and its sanad is saheeh and he includes a refutation of the lies that Kawtharee employs to try and discredit this isnaad.]
Abu Haneefah (RH) said, when asked of his opinion of the
one who says, I do not know whether Allaah is above the heavens or on the earth. - He has disbelieved, because Allaah says, The Most Merciful rose above the Throne. , and His Throne is above His seven heavens. He was then asked , what if he said that Allaah is above His Throne but he does not know whether the Throne is in the heavens or on the earth? He said, He has disbelieved, because He has denied that He is above the heavens, And whosoever denied that He is above the heavens has disbelieved. [al-Uluww of adh- Dhahabee, also Sharh Aqueedah at-Tahaawiyyah of ibn Abee al-Izz al-Hanafee]