Ilm-ul Kalaam [theological speech] is what the Mutakillimoon [theologians] invented, claiming it to be a part of the principles of the Religion, although it's away from what the Book and Sunnah brought.
22.2 SOME NARRATIONS FROM THE SALAF.
Refer to the sayings of Ahmad and also Ash-Shaafi'ee who stated that they should be publicly beaten.
22.3 THE TWO ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE PEOPLE OF KALAAM.
- so that they should repent to Allaah and that others will not follow their way. This attitude relates to Allaah's Law.
- as we see the confusion Shaytaan has covered them in and we praise Allaah for saving us from their predicament. This attitude stems from Allaah's Decree.
22.4 THOSE OF THE PEOPLE OF KALAAM WHO ARE MOST PRONE TO BE MISGUIDED.
- They are those who enter this, but not into its extreme depths.
- This is because those who did enter the extreme depths of these beliefs, did realise the falsehood involved and so returned to the Book and the Sunnah.
- E.g. Some of their most prominent figures [refer to Chapter 4].
22.5 THE AUTHOR QUOTES MUCH ON THE SUBJECT FROM THE PEOPLE OF KALAAM.
And he did this to explain the truth against the people of Kalaam by using the sayings of their own leaders and prominent figures.